The class instructor was over yesterday, shortly after I posted. Oh, wow do I have a lot of work to do. She suggested taking off the borders and trimming the 'tails' off to a certain length. Originally, I didn't know what to do with them, so I sewed them in. As for the corner that just won't fit, she suggested moving the border down just a bit, which will then take a bit of fabric from the other end, and it should square up nicely. Key word...'should'....so I have spent the day removing borders, very carefully, I might add, as there are setting triangles that are on the bias...I'm glad I have a new can of spray starch....the borders are off. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Early this morning I was up making cherry jelly. I have made many preserves and jams, but never jelly, let alone cherry....it went very well. The jam has set and the jars sealed, so I consider that a sucess! There is a huge sour cherry tree out back and I try to get the cherries in and frozen before the birds get them all. Cherry pies, tarts, muffins and crisps are winter staples. This winter cherry jelly will be added to the list. My grandson wanted to taste the cherries and I warned him that they were sour. He said he liked things that were sour....so he picked his first cherry ever off the tree and popped it in his mouth....wish I had a camera....'way to sour for me, Nana'....as he is spitting it out. I assured him that the jelly had lots of sugar in it, so he could enjoy it on his morning bagel.