Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I have had a wonderful 2 days as well as a wonderful weekend.Friday night I went up to my girlfriends' and stayed the weekend quilting some of my UFO's on her longarm....well, trying to....after wreaking havoc at her office for the past 2 weeks, 'Murphy' (as in "Murphy's Law") came home with her and tried wreaking havoc in her sewing room. The thread kept breaking, the serger wouldn't serge, the iron wouldn't iron...well, you get the picture, but after we chased 'Murphy' out of the room, things pretty well settled down. I did manage to get 2 queen sized quilts quilted and she got some jammies made for her grandchild and a friend. She treated me to dinner and breakfast on the Saturday and her boyfriend treated us both to breakfast on the Sunday. Tuesday started with a visit to the dentist for a broken tooth.....and from there I went to my oldest daughter's house, in Toronto. She took me to a deli for lunch and we had smoked meat sandwiches on rye....umumummm...heaven...we then went to the Textile Museum to see the display of antique quilts....ooohh they were soooo beautiful! And so very well preserved. She then made me a delicious dinner with a 'donut cake' complete with candles for dessert. Today (my birthday) was spent in a quilt shop at a class. It was a stashbusting class and I got the blocks put together, hopefully, this will get finished sooner rather than later....I came home to the sweetest, funniest rendition of 'Happy Birthday' on my answering machine sung by my grandson. I ordered in dinner and ate my favourite ice cream for dessert...Ben and Jerry's Tortoise Soup.....if you have never tried it, be warned, you can't eat just one scoop....I won't even tell you how much I had, but it was soooooo good. Tomorrow will be another visit to the dentist for another broken tooth (I'm thinking my teeth are aging faster than me)...I had a wonderful birthday stretched out over several days, spent with family, friends and fabric. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: