Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Hallowe'en!!

Well, my studio has been up and running for about 8 weeks now.  The carpet is dry and cupboards, cutting table and fabric are back to where they were before the flood, sort of.  There is till some mould that shows up in random places (like the baseboards), but elbow grease mixed with bleach and a dehumidifier are helping to get rid of it.  If nothing else, the smell will certainly cure what ails me.
I made 2 place mats as gifts for 2 special boys this year, my grandson James (who turned 2 the day after Hallowe'en) and Kaden, the son of former neighbours.
The next time I make one, I want to make the spider legs with wider ric rac.  I think it will look not so anorexic.  :)  The napkin (in the photo below) tucks into the spider body along with the cutlery.

And, the curtains?  Still not up...sigh.
 


No comments: